Monday, May 16, 2011

Inaugural Post

Since 2005 I've maintained several blogs, the first of which I named "The Tantrum" with the URL "tantrumjim.blogspot.com." It's been visited by my friends and a very small number of internet nomads, and over a six-year period it hasn't even gotten 2000 views.

Now I'm not famous (though I'd be a liar if I said that didn't appeal to me), so I didn't exactly expect gangbusters in terms of hits (and I don't even know if profile views is the same as hits) but 2000 over half a decade is really a miserable number.

So I asked myself; what can I write about? As a professional, I could probably open a blog about legal advice, or human rights case studies, or political commentary or that sort of thing, but looking over my blog, I remembered why I started it in the first place: as a means of escape from the trials and tribulations of everyday life, including my often-stressful professional life. I love what I do, but I still need a break from it. I write largely for myself, but as a frustrated writer, I'd also like to reach a wider audience, too, one that isn't turned off by the thought of reading someone's tantrums.

And more often than not, while I like to talk about just anything under the sun, I've noticed there are certain topics towards which I have tended to gravitate more than others, and there's one more than most: movies. Old and new, theatrical releases and DVD releases, I simply just love movies, even though there are a LOT of great movies out there I have yet to see.

So that, in a nutshell, is it; this is my DEDICATED movie blog, where I will talk about everything I know and learn about old, current and upcoming movies.

Let the movie love commence!

2 comments:

  1. i will look forward to reading your movie blogs, jim. more power to you
    tita ram

    ReplyDelete